Hazzem Immigration

Green Card Renewal

If your Green Card is approaching its expiration date or has already expired, you will need to take steps to renew it. Here are the steps to follow:

You are generally eligible to renew your Green Card if you are still a permanent resident and your card will expire within six months, or if your card has already expired and you have not left the United States since the expiration date.

 To renew your Green Card, you will need to file Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, with USCIS. You can file the form online or by mail.

 You will need to provide supporting documentation with your Form I-90, such as a copy of your current or expired Green Card, your passport, and any other identification documents.

There is a fee to file Form I-90, which can be paid online or by mail. The fee is subject to change, so be sure to check the USCIS website for the current fee.

After submitting Form I-90, you will receive a notice to attend a biometrics appointment at a USCIS Application Support Center. At the appointment, your fingerprints and photo will be taken for a new Green Card.

Once your application is approved and processed, USCIS will mail your new Green Card to the address you provided on your application.

It is important to renew your Green Card before it expires, as an expired Green Card can cause issues when traveling or applying for certain benefits. Be sure to start the renewal process well in advance of your Green Card’s expiration date to allow for processing time.